NC State Postdocs Present Research
After the spring semester drew to a close, 56 postdoctoral scholars from NC State University shared their research at the 6th Annual Postdoctoral Research Symposium in May, which attracted 75 postdoc participants.
Judges chose three top winners and several notable posters from among the poster session participants. Winners are:
- First place, Claudio Hildago Cantabrana, College of Sciences, “Genotyping of Probiotic Bifidobacterium logum Strains Using CRISPR Loci”
- Second place, Sandeep Rana, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, “Measuring Canopy Anomaly Influence on Golf Putt Kinematics: Does Annual Bluegrass Influence Ball Roll Behavior”
- Third Place, Jennifer Wiggen, College of Sciences, “Geoscience Videos and Their Role in Supporting Student Learning in Hybrid Introductory Geoscience Courses”
Those recognized as having notable posters, by college, are:
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Alsayed Mashaheet
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Bridget Smith
- College of Natural Resources, Baskar Mitra
- College of Engineering, Shanshan Yao
- College of Sciences, Marine Baptissart
- College of Textiles, Shaghayegh Arangdad
Abstracts and titles for all posters can be found online.
Keynote speaker was Dara Wilson-Grant, associate director of Postdoctoral Affairs at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the owner of Careers in Bloom. Wilson-Grant specializes in helping students and postdocs make career decisions.
See additional photos and read more about the 2017 Postdoctoral Research Symposium.