When looking up a record, the application tab will display the semester code, program code, and status for all submitted applications.
Student applications will be assigned one of the following statuses:
- Awaiting Submission: The applicant has started an application, but has not officially submitted for review.
- Awaiting Payment: The application has been officially submitted, but the application fee has not been paid.
- Awaiting Materials: The application has been officially submitted, but is missing a required item (test scores, letter(s) of recommendation, etc).
- Awaiting Decision: All required materials have been submitted, and the application is pending departmental & Graduate School review.
- Decided: A final decision has been posted.
Applicant’s Status Portal View
In Slate, applicants have a status portal available to them from the time the submit to after they receive an admission decision. This portal serves as a tool to keep the applicant informed throughout the admission process with checklists that update in real time, application status information, instructions on how to send test scores, and more. We have provided an image of what the applicant sees, as a reference for any questions you may get about where to find something in the portal.