Fall 2017 New Graduate Student Orientation
- Download the free orientation app on your mobile device
- Follow us on social media. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- View the Graduate School New Student Survival Guide and the Office of International Services Getting Here Guide for helpful tips
- Locate on-campus housing
- Research what to do in Raleigh
- Have questions about your program? Contact your Director of Graduate Programs
- Complete the required online orientation. The online orientation component will open on August 15, 2017. To access online orientation, log into Moodle with your Unity ID and password on or after August 15.
- Click here to download the orientation powerpoint slides.
In-person New Graduate Student Orientation is on August 14, 2017. If your last name starts with A-L, your Orientation session is from 9am-12pm. If your last name starts with M-Z, your Orientation session is from 1:30pm-4:30pm. Located at the NC State McKimmon Center, New Graduate Student Orientation will help prepare you to be successful during your first year of graduate school. Online orientation, via Moodle, opens August 15, 2017.
Yes, orientation is required. The event on August 14, 2017 is required, and you are also required to view the resources within the Online Orientation component. Your attendance in online orientation, via Moodle, will be tracked and recorded automatically.
The Information Fair is from 11:30am-1:30pm (in room #2, McKimmon Center) and is open to all new graduate students. Come meet Mr & Mrs Wuf and enjoy our famous (FREE) Howling Cow ice cream! Also, don’t forget to stop by the Graduate Student Association (GSA) booth and pick up your raffle ticket for the the GSA social from 5:30pm-8:30pm at Sammy’s Tap & Grill. Free food and prizes will be provided!
Please visit the NC State University Accessibility website.
Moodle is NC State’s online learning management system. All students should have access to Moodle. If you need help with Moodle, contact the NC State University Help Desk.
$15 graduate orientation fee + $12 new campus ID card.