Fall 2018 New Graduate Student Orientation
Date: Monday, August 20, 2018
Location: McKimmon Center
Time: You will receive an email (via your NC State email account) with your assigned time.
- Download the free orientation app (https://grad.ncsu.edu/students/mobile-guide) on your mobile device
- Follow us on social media. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- View the Graduate School New Student Survival Guide and the Office of International Services Getting Here Guide for helpful tips
- Locate on-campus housing
- Research what to do in Raleigh
- Have questions about your program? Contact your Director of Graduate Programs
- Complete the required online orientation. The online orientation component will open on August 21, 2018. To access online orientation, log into Moodle with your Unity ID and password on or after August 21.
- Orientation powerpoint slides will be availble soon.
In-person New Graduate Student Orientation is on August 20, 2018. Based on your graduate program, your orientation session is either from 9-11:30am or 1:30-4pm. Located at the NC State McKimmon Center, New Graduate Student Orientation will help prepare you to be successful during your first year of graduate school. Online orientation, via Moodle, opens August 21, 2018.
Yes, orientation is required. The event on August 20, 2018 is required, and you are also required to view the resources within the Online Orientation component. Your attendance in online orientation, via Moodle, will be tracked and recorded automatically.
The Information Fair is from 11:30am-1:30pm (in room #2, McKimmon Center) and is open to all new graduate students. Come meet Mr & Mrs Wuf and enjoy our famous (FREE) Howling Cow ice cream! Also, don’t forget to stop by the Graduate Student Association (GSA) booth and pick up your raffle ticket for the GSA social from 5-7:30pm at Sammy’s Tap & Grill. Free food & prizes will be provided!
Please visit the NC State University Accessibility website.
Moodle is NC State’s online learning management system. All students should have access to Moodle. If you need help with Moodle, contact the NC State University Help Desk.
$15 graduate orientation fee + $12 new campus ID card.