Fall 2019 New Graduate Student Orientation
Date: Monday, August 19, 2019
Location: McKimmon Center
Time: You will receive an email (via your NC State email account) with your assigned time. Based on your graduate program, your orientation session is either from 9-11:30am or 1:30-4pm.
- Download the free orientation app (https://grad.ncsu.edu/students/mobile-guide) on your mobile device
- Follow us on social media. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn
- View the Graduate School New Student Survival Guide and the Office of International Services Getting Here Guide for helpful tips
- Locate on-campus housing
- Research what to do in Raleigh
- Have questions about your program? Contact your Director of Graduate Programs
- Attend the Graduate Student Association (GSA) social following the conclusion of the afternoon in-person orientation. Free food and prizes will be provided! The event will be at the Graduate School/College of Textiles on Centennial Campus from 5-7pm.
- Complete the required online orientation. The online orientation component will open on August 20. To access online orientation, log into Moodle with your Unity ID and password on or after August 20.
- Orientation slides (PDF).
In-person New Graduate Student Orientation is on August 19. Based on your graduate program, your orientation session is either from 9-11:30am or 1:30-4pm. Located at the NC State McKimmon Center, New Graduate Student Orientation will help prepare you to be successful during your first year of graduate school. Agenda items include how to be successful in graduate school, mental health/counseling center, lab safety, professional development, academic integrity, NCSU Libraries, and a student panel. Online orientation, via Moodle, opens August 20.
Yes, orientation is required. The event on August 19 is required, and you are also required to view the resources within the online orientation component. Your attendance in online orientation, via Moodle, will be tracked and recorded automatically.
Please note, online and distance education students are NOT required to attend the August 19 in-person orientation. However, they are required to complete the online orientation component.
The Information Fair is from 11:30am-1:30pm (in room #2, McKimmon Center) and is open to all new graduate students. Come meet Mr & Mrs Wuf and enjoy our famous (FREE) Howling Cow ice cream!
The GSA social will occur following the conclusion of the afternoon in-person orientation session. Food and prizes will be provided! The event will be at the Graduate School/College of Textiles on Centennial Campus from 5-7pm. The GSA social is free and open to all new graduate students.
Please visit the NC State University Accessibility website.
Moodle is NC State’s online learning management system. All students should have access to Moodle. If you need help with Moodle, contact the NC State University Help Desk.
$15 graduate orientation fee + $12 new campus ID card.