All applicants must submit the online NC State University Graduate School Application Form. Application is made for a specific degree program and date of enrollment.
Applications for admission require the following:
- Non-refundable application processing fee of $75.00 (US) for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents or $85.00 (US) for Non-Resident Aliens (Internationals);
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities previously attended; (NOTE: Applicants currently attending, or who have previously attended NC State, are not required to provide an NC State transcript.)
- Three recommendations from people who know the prospective student’s academic record and potential for graduate study;
- On-line North Carolina Residency Form if claiming NC residence for tuition purposes;
- A list of courses in progress if enrolled as a Post-Baccalaureate Studies (PBS) student at NC State;
- Depending on requirements of particular programs, GRE or other standardized test scores, statements of purpose, portfolios or other work samples; and
- TOEFL scores, where applicable.