Changing Name or Degree Title of an Existing Graduate Program

A written request to change the name or degree title of an existing graduate program must follow the routing procedures listed on the On-Campus Routing Form. The request must be written on official NC State letterhead.

An explanation of the reason for the proposed change must be included.

Changes in the name of the Minor Program and Course Prefix can be handled at the same time by inclusion in the written request. These changes can be approved on campus and do not need UNC-General Administration approval. Changes to Undergraduate Programs and Course Prefixes require separate routing through the Office of Undergraduate Courses and Curricula.

This can be done at any time and is processed by the Graduate School.