Course actions refer to all course changes and revisions as well as course creation or drop. These actions are typically initiated by faculty or program directors. All course actions must be initiated and processed using CourseLeaf’s Course Inventory Management (CIM) system. CIM (pronounced ‘Kim’) allows you to enter your course change information online, attach documents, and track your electronic submission as it makes its way through the approval process. Logging into CIM requires your NC State unity ID and password.
- To access CIM: https://next-catalog.ncsu.edu/courseadmin.
- To propose a new course: click the “Propose New Course” button.
- To edit an existing course: find the course using the search bar, and click “Edit Course.” When you are finished editing, click “Save & Submit” for the course action to enter into the approval workflow.
Fields on the course action form outlined in red are required, even for a minor edit. Please adhere to NC State’s course syllabus regulation and the learning outcomes guidelines when creating or revising courses. Special guidelines apply to the creation, revision and review of dual-level courses.
The approval process follows an electronic workflow determined by which department, academic unit and college is associated with your course action. You can preview a course’s workflow from the CIM Course Admin page.
- To approve a course in the workflow: https://next-catalog.ncsu.edu/courseleaf/approve.
- To modify a workflow or to add/remove approvers: please contact email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, questions or discuss and request training. Additional information is available in the user guides below.