AGEP-NC Senior Personnel
The Senior Personnel collectively direct the AGEP-NC project, bringing expertise in facilitating diversity initiatives and successful mentoring experience.
|North Carolina A&T State University||North Carolina State University||UNC Charlotte|
|PI: Keith Schimmel, Associate Professor and Director, Energy and Environmental Systems|
Abdellah Ahmidouch, Dean, College of Science and Technology
C. Dean Campbell, Assistant Dean for Academic Services, Graduate College
Ajit Kelkar, Professor and Chair, Nanoengineering
John Kizito, Professor, Mechanical Engineering
|PI: Marcia Gumpertz, Professor of Statistics|
Winser Alexander, Professor Emeritus of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Maureen Grasso, Professor of Textile, Apparel, Technology and Management
David Shafer, Assistant Dean for Outreach and Diversity, Graduate School
|PI: Yvette Huet, Director, ADVANCE Faculty Affairs and Diversity Office and Professor of Kinesiology
Project Researcher: Lisa Merriweather, Associate Professor of Educational Leadership
Catherine Brawner, President of Research Triangle Educational consultants, works closely with the AGEP-NC Leadership Team to provide ongoing formative evaluation.
Student Leadership Council
The Student Leadership Council provides input to the Senior Leadership on the needs of students in their disciplines and campuses. The SLC constists of two doctoral students from each institution; each member serves a one-year term.
|NC A&T State University||NC State||UNC Charlotte|
|Reginald Goodwin, Nanoengineering|
Laquandra Hampton, Applied Science and Technology
Janelle Robinson, Applied Science and Technology
Tenesha Robinson, Applied Science and Technology
|Whitney McCoy, Educational Psychology|
Morika Williams, DVM. Comparative Biomedical Sciences
|Ebony Gallard, Kinesiology
Ephraim Moges, Electrical Engineering
Ana Orejuela, Health Psychology
External Advisory Board
The External Advisory Board brings depth and breadth of expertise in diversity management, promoting URM doctoral success, organizational change, educational research and assessment, and use of data in support of decision-making.
- Ayesha Boyce, Assistant Professor, Educational Research Methodology, UNC Greensboro
- Kathleen deMarrais, Professor and Head, Lifelong Education, Administration and Policy, University of Georgia
- Frank Dobbin, Chair, Organizational Behavior PhD Program, and Proessor of Sociology, Harvard University
- Dominique Foster, Research Associate, National Initiative for Leadership and Institutional Effectiveness
- Leslie Goodyear, Principal Research Scientist, EDC (Education Development Center)
- Douglass Henderson, Professor and Chair, Engineering Physics, University of Wisconsin
- Adrianna Kezar, Professor for Higher Education, University of Southern California, and co-director of the Pullias Center for Higher Education
- Keivan Stassun, Stevenson Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Vanderbilt University
- Zakiya Wilson-Kennedy, Assistant Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, College of Science and Associate Professor of Research, Chemistry Education, Louisiana State University
- Christa Wright, Assistant Professor of Environmental Health, Georgia State University
This material is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Nos. 1820536 182058 and 1820582. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.