Visit NC State Program
North Carolina State University’s Graduate School is committed to enhancing the diversity of its graduate programs. The Visit NC State Program is designed to offer prospective graduate students, and particularly those interested in the Ph.D., an opportunity to visit our campus, at no cost, to learn more about current research of our faculty and graduate students, and to experience the quality of our graduate programs. The 2020 program will be held virtually. Additional information will be posted here soon.
Prospective Graduate Participant Benefits
- Interact with world-class faculty in your interested discipline and research interest
- Network with current graduate students and other prospective students
- Engage administrators on strategies for submitting a competitive application and how to secure funding
- Be exposed to research opportunities
Please see the agenda from the previous Visit NC State Program for further details.
Prospective graduate students must possess a strong academic profile for the program they are interested in visiting.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Be a sophomore through senior in college, an enrolled Master’s student, or an interested post-baccalaureate
- Demonstrate serious consideration to attend NC State University
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (international students currently enrolled in a higher education institution within the continental United States may be considered)
- Complete the entire application (including faculty recommendation, unofficial transcripts, and statement of interest)
To be considered in our selection process, interested students must submit all application materials by September 25, 2020. Applicants will be notified of decisions by October 16, 2020.
- Visit NC State Program Application (available in August 2020)
- Statement of Interest (500 words or less directed towards your graduate program of interest that indicates your research and/or professional interest and why you want to pursue these interests at NC State University)
- Letter of recommendation from faculty
- Unofficial copy of transcript (each institution attended)
- Current CV/resume
- The 2020 event will be held virtually. However, for the in-person program in subsequent years, the following expenses are covered:
- Air or ground transportation
- Lodging accommodations
- Meals while participating in the program
Learn more about graduate programs at NC State.
Dr. David Shafer, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School