Visit NC State Program
The Visit NC State Program is designed to offer prospective graduate students, and particularly those interested in the Ph.D., an opportunity to visit our campus, at no cost, to learn more about current research of our faculty and graduate students, and to experience the quality of our graduate programs. The next Visit NC State Program will be from November 26-28, 2023.
Prospective Graduate Participant Benefits
- Interact with world-class faculty in your interested discipline and research interest
- Network with current graduate students and other prospective students
- Engage administrators on strategies for submitting a competitive application and how to secure funding
- Be exposed to research opportunities
Please see the agenda from the 2022 program for further details on what to expect.
Prospective graduate students must possess a strong academic profile for the program they are interested in visiting. Much weight is placed on prior research experience and the letter of recommendation. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Be a junior or senior in college, an enrolled master’s student, or an interested post-baccalaureate
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (International students currently enrolled in a higher education institution within the United States may be considered.)
To be considered, interested students must submit all application materials by no later than October 9, 2023.
- Visit NC State Program Application
- Statement of Interest (500 words or less directed towards your graduate program of interest that indicates your research and/or professional interest and why you want to pursue these interests at NC State University)
- Letter of recommendation from faculty
- Unofficial copy of transcript (each institution attended)
- Current CV/resume
- Air and/or ground transportation
- Lodging accommodations (room and tax)
- Meals while participating in the program
Dr. David Shafer
Assistant Dean of the Graduate School
Learn more about graduate programs at NC State.