Professional Development Programs
How effectively do YOU display key professional skills?
Across all job sectors, employers highly value the following key professional skills:
- Teamwork and communication
- Building trust and positive relationships
- Initiative and flexibility
- Critical thinking and leadership
- Project and ambiguity management
Sharpen your professional edge.
The Graduate School empowers graduate students and postdoctoral researchers/scholars to achieve professional success through programs that build and develop these and other key professional skills. We also offer seminars, career panels, speakers, workshops, courses, and programs that show students and postdocs how to articulate their skills, distinguish themselves from their competitors, and to identify transferable skills and career opportunities in academia, business/industry, government agencies, and nonprofit entities.
We offer features that endow N.C. State graduate students and postdoctoral researchers with support throughout their graduate academic tenure and establish a competitive edge for employment.
Our Signature Programs
- Accelerate to Industry (A2i) Program
- Preparing the Professoriate
- Teaching and Communication Certificate
- Job Search Strategies
- Industry Team Practicum
- STEM Faculty Launch
- Notes From the Field
- Thesis & Dissertation Institute
Mission & Goals
The mission of Graduate School’s professional development programs is to enhance the academic and career success of graduate students and postdoctoral researchers and scholars.
To accomplish this mission, we strive to achieve two primary goals:
- Provide professional training that prompts workforce readiness and establishes a competitive edge for employment after completing University study.
- Provide training and support that promotes long-term career success and satisfaction.